When I started blogging just over a year ago, I never ever pictured myself as the type of person to attend a blogging event.
In my head, people who blogged all carried laptops around with them everywhere they went and spoke in mysterious lingo, using terms like “SEO”, “link-backs” and “RSS feeds”. In short, they didn’t sound like the type of people I’d have anything in common with.
But then I started actually reading blogs and I realised this wasn’t the case. Bloggers are as diverse as the world around us. People blog about all sorts of issues, from babies to beauty, photography to politics, and everything else in between.
So when I heard that a new conference had been created, bringing together women across cyberspace, I thought, well why not give it a go? So I bought my ticket to CybHer UK.
This event, taking place in London in May this year, promises to be packed full of interesting speakers and I’m genuinely looking forward to meeting some of the women whose blogs I’ve been enjoying over the last year.
I’m also really excited to be working with the brilliantly innovative baby brand Brother Max again. Brother Max sponsored me to attend the MAD Blog Awards last year and, yet again, this gorgeous brand is making sure I don’t miss the party.
I’ll be reviewing some incredibly funky and practical products from Brother Max ahead of CybHer UK – so I apologise in advance if you don’t have children but find yourself inexplicably lusting after a room thermometer or specialist nightlight. It’s understandable, they are rather pretty after all.
In the meantime, here are my basic stats. If you’re going to CybHer UK look out for me – I’ll be the one wandering around pretending I’m totally au fait with SEO and search engines…
Name: Molly Forbes (unless you’re asking for the married name, in which case, it’s Molly Weaver)
Twitter ID: @mothersright
Height : 5’4″ (and a vital 3/4)
Hair : Blonde and shabby
Five things you should know about me…
1. I’m used to getting up ridiculously early – either for my 19 month old or for my breakfast radio show. Both keep me busy.
2. I’m married to a teacher who likes to think of himself as the north’s answer to Jean-Claude Van Damme.
3. I love Take That. Gary Barlow doesn’t yet know about me, but this is just a matter of time.
4. I have a passion for prawns. Passion is not too strong a word in this case.
5. I am a first time mum and constantly question if my haphazard approach to parenting is the “right” one. I’ve long since given up ever knowing the magic answer.